Thursday, July 24, 2008

Royce White v. Damien Johnson

Royce White, who we're all excited to be donning maroon and gold come fall 2009, has given the punditocracy another reason to question his maturity.

In an item I didn't see until it was pointed out to me today, it's reported that White had a little altercation with Damian Johnson during a summer league game. Now, White insists it was simply competitive sparring. But the funny business got him ejected.

This Star Tribune blog post by Myron Medcalf (after burying the lede) informs us that White was tossed for trash talking and throwing a ball at Johnson's back when he was turned away. Yeah, that's not cool, considering Johnson was arguably the Gophers' MVP last season and was easily the player who grew the most under Tubby Smith. Show some respect, Royce!

Medcalf also decides to paraphrase Tubby Smith second hand. Here's the paragraph that made the editor in me cringe:

Tubby Smith was upset and befuddled when he learned about White’s verbal
sparring session with his future teammate. During a conversation with a
colleague, Smith questioned White’s immaturity.
I believe Tubby would be questioning White's "maturity," and this incident might give credence to those who suggest White is "immature." Whatever.

This little note proves two things to us: 1) Royce White hasn't learned a microscope is on him and 2) the Star Tribune isn't going to save us from another year of questionable reporting and grammar from pup reporter Myron Medcalf.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should write Medcalf's column. God knows, everything about this website, including your opinions, are perfect.

Jeff

PJS said...

Everyone has opinions, Jeff. I'm not sure opinions are ever "perfect."

Myron, on the other hand, is a beat reporter. He's supposed to give us hard facts, not someone's opinion through an intermediary.

My problem is honestly less with Myron than it is with the STrib brass. Now that Chip Scoggins is doing Vikings football, Myron is covering Brewster and Tubby's teams. He was incapable of covering just Tubby's team last year. Now we have him for both teams.

Obviously, the STrib doesn't care too much about covering Gophers sports.

Anonymous said...

1) Kent Youngblood will be covering Gopher football for the Strib.

2) Best beat reporter for Gopher basketball last year was MN Daily reporter Zach Eisendrath.

Anonymous said...

I want give they happy time, twelve sky Gold, I work here with 12sky gold. Though, I can not make much money, twelvesky Gold, But I want to Exercise myself, 12Sky Silver Coins, I get up early 12 sky gold
.
they are like me and tell me anything about them wakfu kamas, I know wakfu gold. one of my friend likes to go to play buy wakfu kamas, I can not stand praising the land and the nature wakfu money , It makes us to be wakfu kama.
My another friend do not like FFXI Gil, She like in home along FFXI gold, she like quiet and Final Fantasy XI gold, she always read books in the library and buy buy FFXI Gil, I will go to library with he cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold.

Anonymous said...

Have you heared about a game which you need use Atlantica online Gold to play, and you can also borrow Atlantica Gold from other players? But you can buy Atlantica online Gold, or you will lose the choice if you do not have cheap Atlantica online Gold. If you get Atlantica online money, you can continue this game.

Anonymous said...

Without hesitate, I bought second life linden , in the game I can find myself. I feel lonely, but I do not want to talk with anyone, so I buy lindens . At present, think the happy day I spend in knight, I am eager to enter it, and cheap linden . Own linden dollars , it means that you own the life of happiness. So I will not leave secondlife money . It is the origin of the happiness.

Anonymous said...

喝花酒
酒店喝酒
暑假打工
寒假打工
酒店小姐
酒店兼職
禮服店
酒店經紀
酒店兼差
酒店
酒店經紀人
酒店現領
酒店經紀爆米花
酒店經紀

酒店打工
酒店上班
假日打工
台北酒店經紀
酒店pt
酒店pt
酒店應酬
粉味
酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL
酒店經濟
酒店經濟
打工兼差

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, and am very grateful for the time and effort you've gone to here. Great and varied taste
___________________
Rozydesouza
Naton wide cash is easy and fast

Powered By Blogger