Thursday, February 7, 2008

Brewster's Class Impresses

I'm going to comment more on this in the coming days and weeks, but I will just say this for now: Tim Brewster has put together the highest rated recruiting class the University of Minnesota has witnessed in my lifetime.

I don't know how he did it, coming off a 1-11 season. Surely he told recruits they'd have a chance to make an immediate impact. The new staidum could have been a selling point. Or he could have paid them. Who knows.

Pick any recruiting service and the consensus is clear: Tim Brewster put together a top 25-ish class nationally and a top 3 class in the conference. Considering I was one of those heckling Brewster's penchant for rhetorical insantiy throughout the season, it's only fair that I give him credit now. Well done, coach Brewster.

I'm going to take a look at a few of the top recruits individually when the day job slows down in the weeks to come. But for now, go over to Gopher Nation where Tom does an outstanding job disecting the recruiting class.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger