Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Blogroll

Over the next few months I'm going to try and highlight some of the blogs linked to on the right side bar. I see the blogroll as an endorsement of sorts. And I am trying not to add every blog that could possibly be linked to, because I sort of feel that each additional link devalues the others. That's not to say I'll never add blogs, in fact at some point I hope to expand and provide links to bloggers representing teams from other BCS conferences.

I've also removed a couple links over the past couple months. I had linked to a couple other Minnesota sites, which seem to either be defunct or on a permanent hiatus. I don't want to send readers to a blog that isn't current. That said, I understand some bloggers take vacations, so I'll try to be cautious about removing a blog.

For now, I've linked to some of the best Big 10 bloggers, Minnesota bloggers I read on a regular basis and some general college sports Web sites.

I'd like to take a minute to highlight three of these sites today, and I'll continue to do this as the summer drags on.

I'd like to start with a personal story. A journalist colleague of mine, who runs Zombie Nation, a Penn State blog, was off to a fine start. But my friend, Mike, is battling the sometimes-brutal Crohn's Disease. Mike might be the biggest college football fan I've ever met. He can recite specific plays in Minnesota-PSU games better than I can. He's a wealth of PSU football knowledge. As he battles on in and out of the hospital, my thoughts and well wishes are with him. I hope some of you will stop by his blog and wish him well. When he's healthy, Mike at Zombie Nation will be a great addition to the many great PSU blogs. Get well, buddy.

Another blogging community with a slew of great blogs is Ohio State. Today, I'd like to highlight Pfef's Sports Blog. The writer, a high school junior, is currently breaking down the OSU football team position by position. Pfef is a blunt, honest and a young writer with great potential. A high school junior!

And finally, I bring your attention to a blog I just recently added. Lake The Posts, at least as far as I can tell, is the only blog in the college sports blogosphere dedicated to Northwestern University sports. The blogger is currently counting down from 25 the best NU football games.

1 comments:

Pfef said...

thanks for the nice words! now that it's summer, i suppose I'm a senior. i guess i should update that in my profile.

Powered By Blogger