Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Bryce Webster Mystery

As many Gopher fans know, sophomore power forward Bryce Webster apparently plans to leave Tubby Smith's maroon and gold. Unfortunately, there has been more rumor and innuendo than actual substance to report on the mysterious decision by Webster.

I've hesitated to discuss the scuttlebutt in the local papers that the Minnesota forward is planning to leave the team. The GopherHole served as a home to considerable gossip about the cause for the Webster's departure, eventually forcing the sophomore to contact the message board putting some rumors to rest.

But this week the Star Tribune's Sid Hartman and Pioneer Press' Charley Walters weighed in again. Walters wrote that Tubby Smith indicated publicly for the first time that Webster would not be back this upcoming season. Hartman cited anonymous friends of Webster's who indicated it is unlikely the former 3-star Rivals forward will be back next season. Both of the columnists reported Tubby would talk with Webster again soon to try and convince him to stay.

There has been an incredible lack of reporting on this situation, which has lasted now for more than a month. Sid Hartman and Charley Walters, for non-Minnesota readers, are columnists who print more rumor than fact. I'm not doubting the information they've provided here, but this is a situation where the sports editors at the Pioneer Press and Star Tribune ought to realize their readers want facts, or as I like to say, the closest possible version of the truth. Both newspapers have let us down.

Webster, according to Hartman was the 2006 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year. Rivals indicates that he had offers from Marquette and Boston College. He started seven games as a true freshman last season under Dan Monson, averging 9.3 minutes in 28 games. He is certainly a player that has/had the potential to blossom into a quality Big Ten power forward.

The best information about Webster comes from the aforementioned email he apparently sent to the GopherHole. He apparently indicated that his decision to leave the team centered around academics and family issues. I'll take him at his word, but because other rumors floated around, it might be a good idea for the local rags to have their beat reporters ask a few questions and put any and all rumors to rest once and for all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell is the girly-boy pink love calculator thing, PJS? Because, when I decided to check to see if it was remotely football related, instead, it nearly tricked me into binding to an agreement to bill me 5.99 a damn month for what? Love advice? What the fuck is that you gay-hole? take it down now or lose all of your respect and expect to be booted from the damn alliance.

Buckeye

PJS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJS said...

After a quick look aroud the Internet, Buckeye, I'm thinking you clicked on a google ad.

Check out this link which describes a pink love calculator Google Ad.

http://lancewiggs.com/2007/03/13/love-calculator/

I'm going to assume this is what you clicked on and make a complaint to google and consider pulling the ads from my site if it's up again.

Thanks for pointing it out to me, Buckeye. And let me know if this isn't what you saw.

Anonymous said...

that was it.


Buck

Anonymous said...

DUde the stupid love calculator is still there. You are losing credibility FAST.


Buckeye

snyde043 said...

Buckeye,

If it is a Google Ad, than PJS can't do anything about it. Find something else to whine about already.

PJS said...

I made a complaint to Google yesterday and am awaiting their response. I have not seen the ad on this site. If anyone other than the anonymous Buckeye has please let me know.

I do take the complaint seriously, Buckeye.

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some shadow of legend Gold, and my friend also has some
sol gold, do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
shadow of legend money,I just want to buy shadow of legend Gold, because there are many cheap shadow of legend Gold.

Anonymous said...

I can get Perfect World Gold cheaply,
Yesterday i givePerfect World moneyfor my brother.
i hope him like it. iBuy Perfect World Gold to him as birthday present.
i like the Perfect World Silver very much.
I usually buycheap Perfect World Gold and keep it in my store.
I enjoy the pw gold.

I can get ro zeny cheaply,
Yesterday i want to buy ragnarok zenyfor my brother.
i hope him like it. i will buy iro zeny for him
as birthday present. i like the cheap zeny very much.
I usually buy ragnarok online zeny and keep it in my store.

Powered By Blogger