Wednesday, August 22, 2007

No Festivus This Year; Festus Signs With Vandy

Sigh.

If you can't judge by the title of this Web site, I'll fill you in on a little secret. I'm a fan of basketball players with cool names. That's why I was excited early on when it was reported new Gophers basketball coach Tubby Smith was after a 6'11" 250-pound standout basketball player named Festus Ezeli.

News has broke, however, that Festus gave a verbal and also signed a letter of intent at Vanderbilt of all places, even though it has been reported that Florida and Ohio State, among others, were in the mix for his services.

The Nashville City Paper (linked above) indicates that Festus will be eligible this upcoming season but will likely redshirt.

I had looked forward to chanting Festus' name from inside Williams Arena. But this likely ends my fascination with Festus Ezeli. Shame.

1 comments:

Thelandryhat.com said...

You mean chanting Festus in your living room?

Powered By Blogger