Thursday, June 28, 2007

Brewer Good, McHale Bad

With Ndudi Ebi apparently unavailable, the Minnesota Timberwolves, guided still by GM Kevin McHale, selected Corey Brewer with its lottery pick today.

I was partially hoping for the Timberpuppies to select Spencer Hawes or Joakim Noah so I could rip the pick and call for McHale to be fired. I'll have to settle for for calling for McHale's dismissal for failing to win with Kevin Garnett, the Joe Smith obsession, the Ebi selection among many other boneheaded moves.

I kindly ask Glen Taylor to Fire McHale Now!

For the record, I very much like the Brewer selection, but I'm assuming/hoping Fred Hoiberg has taken over basketball operations and McHale is around only to be the fall guy when the Wolves trade Garnett for a pittance of his value.

And for those new to McHale's genius, Ebi was selected with the No. 26 pick in the 2003 draft, ahead of Josh Howard, among others.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger