Saturday, December 8, 2007

Have A Good Weekend

I'm off to Atlantic City for a night of poker and heavy drinking, so I'll be gone until late Sunday or Monday.

I'm going to try and sneak away to the hotel room to catch portions of the Colorodo State tilt against the Gophers basketball team at Williams Arena tonight.

Before I leave you, there are a few Gophers items to bring your attention to.

Colorodo State is coached by former North Dakota State University coach Tim Miles. The Star Tribune's Myron Medcalf has a look at Colorodo state here. The Pioneer Press' Marcus Fuller also takes the Miles angle in a story here.

Meanwhile in this preview from The Coloradoan, today's opposition talks about being star-struck by Tubby Smith.

Down With Goldy suggests that Colorodo State is "not a scary team." I completely agree. Tim Miles' former team seemed to be more positioned to make an upset than the Colorodo State Rams.

In his blog, Fuller informs us that Tubby is bringing the Gophers national attention and Fuller breaks down the numbers to show us just how much impact he has had.

ANd now, I'm off. Ski-U-Mah, and wish me luck in Atlantic City. I want to be up a few grand by the time the Gophers begin so I can throw some money down on them.

1 comments:

alex said...

Tubby has done wonders with this team, it is actually fun watching the team play. On the same note, word on campus is seemingly spreading, and the student section is becoming progressively better. It could be a fun second semester if Tubby can get this team some upsets early in the Big 10 schedule.

Powered By Blogger