Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve Thoughts

I started this blog in May as a hobby and one of my closest friends scoffed, suggesting I'd maintain the blog for a couple months before boredom set in. Well, I'm still here and am happy to say that the month of December has seen the highest amount of traffic yet (probably has something to do with Tubby Smith's 10-2 start).

So, as I sit here waiting for the alcohol to start flowing on New Year's Eve, I want to thank those of you who have made this little Internet outpost a fun--if small--community. It's been a fun year, from picking on Tim Brewster to getting overly excited about Tubby Smith's Gophers. We've had arguments--about Saul Smith and Brewster to the future of Williams Arena. And we've had laughs as well. But when we've disagreed, most of the time it's been productive and constructive. I want to thank all of you for these conversations.

Moving forward, I'm pleased that Joe Gigliotti has decided to contribute hockey coverage to PJS. Many of you requested some Gopher puck coverage in e-mails and I'm pleased Joe is stepping up to the plate. And I'm in the process of adding other features to the site. For now, those are long-term projects and the challenge of keeping this site fresh and updated is enough for now. But if there is something you'd like to see, don't hesitate to send me an email.

As 2008 begins, I want to thank ya'll for reading, commenting and e-mailing. And I hope that everyone has a healthy and happy 2008. Most of all, I hope Tim Brewster grabs his first Big Ten win in the year to come.

2 comments:

Moe said...

Love the site and look forward to reading more in 2008. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. Your site has been a great read. Please keep it up in 2008!

... and good luck against the Spartans!

Powered By Blogger