Friday, December 21, 2007

"Profiles In Douchebaggery"

As you all know, I know next to nothing about hockey. But I can say that I agree with Melt Your Face Off as they take a look at the douchebaggeryiness (sp??) of New York Islanders General Manager Garth Snow.

If you haven't seen this already, Snow is bashing Don Lucia, he of two national titles in recenet memory, for being a bad coach. This verbal battle began after he Snow lured sophomore standout Kyle Okposo to leave the Gophers midseason and join the Islanders. Okposo had to head to the NHL now, according to Snow, because Lucia isn't a good coach. What a bitchy thing to say!

So, yes, Garth Snow is clearly a great candidate for any series chronicling douchebags.

** This rare hockey post gives me an opportunity to announce again that I'm desperately seeking a hockey contributor. I've received emails from some of you requesting hockey coverage. And while I watch Lucia's squad when I can, I don't think I can speak anything close to intelligently about the game. So, if you have an interest in being part of this blog and the Big Ten Bloggers Group, drop me an email. I'd love to discuss the possibility.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'As you all know, I know next to nothing about hockey.'

Oh, don't be so modest. We all know there are many things you know next to nothing about. ;)

Thelandryhat.com said...

woah

PJS said...

Bwhahahahaaaahhhaha, LB, good one. I'll have you know that that little comment will require many more subtle slights to your boys in Madison.

Powered By Blogger