Sunday, December 30, 2007

It Wasn't You, Tubby, It Was Me

Third Saturday In Blogtober brings us a good laugh this Sunday morning. ...

“You’ve reached the voicemail of Tubby Smith. Please leave a message.”

Hey, Tubby…it’s a Kentucky. I just wanted to…you know, see how you’ve been. So how’s it going? Minnesota treating you well? I hear things are good for you now and I just wanted you to know I’m happy for you. I really am. Ten and one? That’s just…well, that’s just great. Good for you.

...

Anyway, I’d love to hear from you. Give me a call. And don’t worry about Billy. That was never that serious. Not like we were. Oh…gotta go. Billy’s home and he’s not too happy. Must have lost to San Diego.


Read the rest here.

I didn't catch much of the Gophers 10th win of the year last night against Kennesaw State. Marcus Fuller has you covered here with a good recap. The Gophers much-anticipated tilt with UNLV begins tonight at 7 p.m. eastern time. There is a decent preview of the UNLV contest here. If you missed it, I previewed the Duel in the Desert tournament here, with a look at UNLV.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading UK blogs and news just for fun. We love Tubby!

Anonymous said...

PJS, notwithstanding all the caveats that have been tossed around regarding the fast start by the Gophers, I caught the game Kennesaw game and I continue to be impressed with the to the wall effort of defense. The ball and passing lanes are constantly under pressure, leading to lots of easy buckets in transition. I'm looking forward to Lon Kruger and UNLV tonight.

I'm tired of hearing Tubby Left Kentucky talentless. They can't be serious beacuse that's simply a joke. How much talent do you need to beat Gardner Webb or San Diego, in Rupp Arena nonetheless? I can think of seven Big Ten teams that would jump for Patick Patterson, Joe Crawford or Ramel Bradley.

PJS said...

hoopraker, I'm looking forward to tonight too. It will be a very good test. And you're defintley right about defensive pressure.

On Kentucky, Tubby Fan, I'm reading more about UK than ever before. I'm not sure what Billy Clyde is doing in Lexington. He's been making strange decisions with his lineups (A Sea of Blue noted this well today) and has already lost one of his prize recruits in Alex Legion. I'm almost starting to feel bad for the segment of the UK fanbase that wanted Tubby out.

Anonymous said...

I don't feel bad for those clowns. But I do feel bad for decent UK fans. And that's MOST of 'em.

Legion and Gillispie were (reportedly) dating the same coed. Legion (supposedly) got POed when he found out about it.

PJS said...

You serious? I had read somewhere about Billy's love-life related to co-eds, but never heard anything abotu "dating the same coed" as Legion. Where did you read that, FOT?

alex said...

I've been watching the numbers of tonights game on ESPN's RealTime scoreboard, and it doesn't look too good tonight. Hopefully Tubby can bring them out in the second half with some more intensity, they need to at least make this look respectable.

Also, that's pretty nuts FoT. I'd be interested in where you heard that too.

PJS said...

I thought about liveblogging the game, Alex, but watching the streaming video makes it hard.

Suffice to say, Travis Busch is getting PT. Wink Adams and company are making lfie difficult for our guards to set up the offensive on the perimter. We're not shooting well, and on occasion forcing shots. We went to a 2-3 zone for a good 5-10 minutes after falling behind 9-0. That stemmed the tide momentarilly until UNLV starting hitting from the outside.

Anonymous said...

Been all over the UK messageboards.

Yes, that's the story I've read.

Anonymous said...

UNLV was very good when I saw them slice up Wisky in the NCAA tourney here in Chicago back in March.

Most of that team returned. Good bunch of players. Kruger is a quality coach, too.

Powered By Blogger