Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gophers vs. OSU Open Thread

For the second straight week I won't be able to live blog as I like to do. The day job requires attendance at some fancy Washington music concert. I'd be excited if it was Billy Corrigan I get to see this evening, but instead it's classical music. My grandfather would be proud.

Anyway, I actually think the Gophers can be somewhat competitive tonight. The Buckeyes are down from a year ago, and while they are considerably more talented up and down the roster, if the Gophers can stay in the game in the first half, control the ball on the ground, I think they have a chance to be with in two touchdowns by the end of the game.

I'm looking forward to see what Duane Bennett can do on the ground against a solid run defense. And I'm looking forward to seeing what the entire offense can do against a solid Big Ten defense. The Gophers' spread offense, which has been successful at least in terms of yardage and points, will have its first real test.

Pick: OSU 34, Minnesota 21.

Feel free to leave your rants and raves in the comments section below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're in ur domes, running over ur captains.

Erik Tylczak said...

We actually spotted tOSU less first-half points than we did BGSU. Things are looking up!

Seriously, I think things are looking up a little bit.

Allowing seven yards per carry ain't gonna cut it, though.

Anonymous said...

Just because UM is in the Twin Cities dosn't mean you guys should actually dress like twinkies. I nearly went blind. What happened to your Maroon?

Powered By Blogger