Sunday, September 30, 2007

Let's Talk About Those Unis

Since I saw the tail end of the Tim Brewster's fourth career loss, I could add my two cents about the second Big Ten loss. However, let's talk about what's really important: Those monotone new uniforms.

Chip Scoggins reported today that a bunch of recruits, including that wide receiver named Michael Floyd, were in attendance last night as our rodents had what Adam Weber called a "moral victory." That's really secondary, I'm sure, in the minds of Floyd and other recruits. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they care more about how they'll look than whether Tim Brewster can coach.

My thoughts on the uniforms are this: they are bright, shiny and decidedly gold. I'm a fan of the white shoes and have been all season. But I think the lads need to coordinate their accessories better. Instead of white wrist bands, let's go with marron. Instead of whit socks and showing some leg, let's go with jacked up maroon socks.


I think I kind of like the new unis. They look a helluva lot better than the bland white and gray tOSU wears. We might have lost 30-7, but we were prettier. And that, my friends, is surely what matters to Floyd and others.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you may challenge oregon for worst uni's ever. oregon holds the lead with it tire treads on the shoulder.

but osu isnt far behind

Anonymous said...

It'd be better if the gold was toned down a bit. The color looks to canary-like. It should be more like the student section t-shirts.

Neil said...

They're horrific.

Erik Tylczak said...

Monotone never looks good, as far as I'm concerned. Maroon jersey and gold pants is a beautiful, timeless look that need not be trifled with.

Tom said...

The unis were a cool little change, something to pull out for big games, but should not be your main digs.

I really like the new helmets this year though. The outlined M and the pic of the state on the back is cool, imo.

Gopher Nation

Anonymous said...

I get it, the school is in the Twin Cities...so you dress like giant twinkies.

Neil said...

I think we should ask Wisconsin to wear their all-reds when they come. And have the cheerleaders dress up as relish and sauerkraut.

PJS said...

Neil, That is one tremendous idea!

Powered By Blogger